Grant Thornton Greece is a member firm of Grant Thornton International Limited (GTIL), one of the leading organizations delivering audit, tax and advisory services. We provide a variety of dynamic organizations with the advice and solutions they need to unlock sustainable growth and navigate complex risks and challenges.
If you want to be part of this incredible journey Grant Thornton Greece has the opportunity for you. Our Technology Intelligence and Performance department is continuously growing, supporting clients of all different sizes across many different sectors and is currently seeking to employ a data scientist.
The key responsibilities of the Data scientist will include:
- Managing and analyzing big data / wide data
- Designing and building business insights and data models
- Identifying and applying appropriate modern technologies and techniques for data analysis
- Exploring data from different sources
- Providing technical support and documentation
The person we’re looking for needs to have:
- A BSc in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Econometrics or related science field from a well-established University. A masters degree will be considered as an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of previous working experience in Data Science
- Knowledge of the latest technologies and trends on Data Science, including artificial intelligence, machine learning and data fabrics
- Knowledge of advanced data analysis techniques that include customer segmentation, propensity modelling, pricing & optimization and predictive modeling
- Proficiency in using programming tools and platforms to manipulate datasets and perform data analysis
- Familiarity with Data Science scripting (in R / Python / Scala) and cloud technologies; Proficiency in any such areas will be considered as a strong asset
- Experience in analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases will be considered as a strong asset
- Fluency in English is required
- All male candidates should have fulfilled their military obligations
To be successful as a Data scientist in Grant Thornton Greece you need the following:
- Problem-solving, organizational and team working skills, proactiveness and 'can do' attitude
- Strategic way of thinking
- Analytic and critical thinking skills
- Effective prioritization whilst managing multiple projects at the same period
- A flexible, multitasking, detail-oriented and positive professionalism
- Strong work ethic and team spirit
- High degree of professionalism and strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
What will we offer to you?
- Friendly and dynamic working environment, in which you can develop your skills and competencies
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- A work place with a strong focus on values and work-life balance
- A team who is eager to provide the best possible solutions for our clients
- Formal training, coaching and mentoring
- A place where your professional and personal success is our commitment
What you will need to do next?
Joining the Grant Thornton Greece family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the Grant Thornton values simply apply online by uploading an -up-to-date CV with your application and leave the rest to us!
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the Greece. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees.