Grant Thornton Greece is a member firm of Grant Thornton International Limited (GTIL), one of the leading organizations delivering audit, tax and advisory services. We provide a variety of dynamic organisations with the advice and solutions they need to unlock sustainable growth and navigate complex risks and challenges.
If you want to be part of this incredible journey Grant Thornton Greece has the opportunity for you. Our Technology Intelligence & Performance department is continuously growing, supporting clients of all different sizes across many different sectors and is currently seeking to employ a Senior Software Engineer.
The key responsibilities of the Software Engineer will include:
- Writing clean, scalable code using MVC architectural design patterns
- Testing and deploying applications and systems
- Analyzing and understanding business needs, developing clear and accurate specifications to ensure that systems fully meet business requirements
- Developing documentation throughout the software development life cycle
- Cooperating with other teams
The person we’re looking for needs to have:
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant field. A Master degree will be considered as a great asset
- At least 3 year’ experience as a Back-End Developer
- In-depth knowledge of MVC model and good knowledge of at least one of the following technologies: Spring, Struts2, Hibernate, Ibatis, Maven
- Excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL and/or other Relational Databases
- Experience with REST or SOAP web interfaces
- Familiarity with native mobile design and technologies will be considered as a plus.
- Fluency in English Language both written and oral
To be successful as a Software engineer in Grant Thornton Greece you need the following:
- Problem-solving, organizational and team working skills, proactiveness and 'can do' attitude
- Effective prioritization whilst managing multiple projects at the same period
- A flexible, multitasking, detail-oriented and positive professionalism
- Strong work ethic and team spirit
- High degree of professionalism and strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
What will we offer to you?
- Friendly and dynamic working environment, in which you can develop your skills and competencies
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- A work place with a strong focus on values and work-life balance
- A team who is eager to provide the best possible solutions for our clients
- Formal training, coaching and mentoring
- A place where your professional and personal success is our commitment
What you will need to do next?
Joining the Grant Thornton Greece family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the Grant Thornton values simply apply online by uploading an -up-to-date CV with your application and leave the rest to us!
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the Greece. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees