Grant Thornton Greece is a member firm of Grant Thornton International Limited (GTIL), one of the leading organizations delivering audit, tax and advisory services. Every day we provide a diverse range of organizations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock their growth.
If you want to be part of this incredible journey Grant Thornton Greece has the opportunity for you!
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Participating in a broad range of insurance advisory-related projects covering every aspect of the insurance business, from regulatory requirements to key strategic implementations and business transformation ones
- Implementing actuarial principles into business solutions, in alignment with the client’s needs and strategic priorities
- Interacting on a frequent basis with stakeholders, to ensure the delivery of services of the highest standards
- Working collaboratively with professionals from other divisions and areas, inside and outside the organization, in order to provide holistic services to clients and meet their needs
- Maintain highest standards of business ethics
- Depending the induction level of the candidate, the position’s responsibilities will include the project planning, management, fieldwork execution and review, the project completion procedures, as well as the preparation and delivery of relevant presentation to clients
The key requirements of this role are:
- A passion for implementing actuarial and statistical concepts into real-world scenarios, discovering appropriate solutions to meet client needs and aiming at operational excellence
- A proven actuarial background, with minimum 4 years of experience in an insurance company and/or consulting firm
- A strong set of analytical skills
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple tasks within multiple teams under the right kind of support
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
- Excellent skills in MS Office; Word, Excel, Power Point
To be successful at this role you need the following:
- Pursue the actuarial certification in Hellenic Actuarial Society or any other internationally recognized actuarial society. If you are already a qualified actuary, it will be an asset.
- Experience in reserving under Solvency II and current accounting standards and/or pricing of insurance products and/or Asset-Liability Management will be evaluated positively
- Knowledge of IFRS17 standards will be considered an asset
- Experience in using actuarial modelling software (Prophet, Moses, ReMetrica, etc.) will be a plus
- Skills in analyzing data, manipulating big datasets, developing descriptive, predictive & prescriptive models and visualizing data (using R, Python, SQL, PowerBI, etc.) will be also favorably evaluated
- Taking initiatives to stay ahead of current trends and developments in insurance and financial sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical writing and client presentation
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality services and solutions
- A high work ethic
- Motivation for career progression and development
What will we offer to you?
- Be part of a rapidly growing division such as Financial Services and team-up with experienced professionals from the insurance industry
- Friendly and dynamic working environment, in which you can develop your skills and competencies
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- The cost for achieving your actuarial certification
- A work place with a strong focus on values and work-life balance and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients
- Formal training and counseling
What you will need to do next?
Joining the Grant Thornton Greece family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the Grant Thornton values simply apply online by uploading an -up-to-date CV with your application and leave the rest to us!
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the Greece. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all candidates.