Grant Thornton Greece is a member firm of Grant Thornton International Limited (GTIL), one of the leading organizations delivering audit, tax and advisory services. Every day we provide a diverse range of organizations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock their growth.
If you want to be part of this incredible journey Grant Thornton Greece has the opportunity for you!
The Financial Controller is responsible to oversee the daily operations related to accounts payables and fixed assets of the accounting departments of Grant Thornton’s clients. In addition, the Controller is in-charge of all accounting activities from preparing financial and performance reports to ensure accounting compliance in relevant projects that Grant Thornton undertakes.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Perform monthly Financial closing preparatory process tasks (month end closing checks, Costing process execution and adjustments, depreciation calculations and analysis and allocation
- Perform Clients’ cost cycles in SAP, costing process and inventory accounting
- Compile budgets and coordinate the budget preparation in collaboration with the Senior Financial Controller
- Prepare standard set of monthly/ weekly/ quarterly reports
- Maintain and update BI software reports
- Prepare revenue embedded calculations and relevant reports
- Support short term cash planning and liquidity forecasts
- Oversees and reconcile mass monthly payments
- Manage relations with all banks
- Handle procedures regarding issuance of Letters of Guarantee, posting, monitoring and archiving
- Ensure compliance with regulations
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Prepare Management reports and ad hoc reporting requirements
The key requirements of this role are:
- 4-7 years of experience in Financial Controlling
- Experience in corporate finance and cost management
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Excellent knowledge of MS office
- Experience in SAP Platform and relevant applications
- Good knowledge of process and BI software
- University Degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
- MSc in related subject is an added value for the role
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions and processes
- Results oriented with the ability to complete assignments on a timely manner by handling multiple priorities and being proactive
- Ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications
- Aptitude to work with minimal supervision but also be team player.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and solve problems
- Organisation, presentation and communication skills
- Potential team leader, influence and persuasion skills
To be successful at this role you need the following:
- Effective communication and rapport building skills
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality services and solutions
- An extremely high work ethic
- Motivation for career progression and development
What will we offer to you?
- Friendly and dynamic working environment, in which you can develop your skills and competencies
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- A work place with a strong focus on values and work-life balance and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients
- Formal training and counseling
- Your professional and personal success is our commitment
What you will need to do next?
Joining the Grant Thornton Greece family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the Grant Thornton values simply apply online by uploading an -up-to-date CV with your application and leave the rest to us!
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the Greece. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all candidates.