Grant Thornton Greece is a member firm of Grant Thornton International Limited (GTIL), one of the leading organizations delivering audit, tax and advisory services. Every day we provide a diverse range of organizations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock their growth.
If you want to be part of this incredible journey Grant Thornton Greece has the opportunity for you. Our Technology Intelligence & Performance department is continuously growing, supporting clients of all different sizes across many different sectors and is currently seeking to employ a Senior Manager of Engineering.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Manager of Engineering will include:
- Developing, and mentoring Engineers within the Technology team
- Ensuring quality project delivery on-time and within budget.
- Providing technical direction and leadership in regards to the design, development, and deployment of solutions within our customer base. The technical manager comes up with innovative solutions for business and technical problems, creates and maintains technical specifications, as well as anticipates and acts upon issues that arise, providing alternate approaches and solutions, communicates decisions clearly, and sets the standard for highest quality of work.
- Participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle and is responsible for the application design Designs, develops, and implements largescale, highly available applications
- Evaluating new technologies and tools, leading POCs to prove new ideas, and champions good design practices
- Collaborating with ERP and Enterprise Integration teams in defining and delivering end-to-end solutions, including system integrations.
- Building tools and patterns to accelerate development and delivery
- Mentoring the team on delivering complex technology projects
- Researching and implementing new technologies and solutions to enhance current processes, security, and performance
- Ensure deployments roll out smoothly and customer group support is met
- Building roadmaps and lead prioritization; balance the right amount of structure and planning for a fast-paced engineering team
- Identify staffing requirements and help drive recruitment of high-quality colleagues
- Support the development and training of direct reports through regular performance evaluations
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Working with the PMO in building project plans and in project coordination for application delivery activities.
- Coaching, establishing, and influencing the usage of technical best practices across the operations organization. Coordinating and ensuring data governance methodologies are adhered to within our environment.
- Responsible for the smooth implementation of projects, including solution design, development, deployment and post go-live support and transition to IT Operations, fulfilling all business requirements on time, budget, and quality.
- Generating end-to-end solution proposals recommendations to business requirements, including the proposed solution architecture, estimated cost, time, internal effort as well as implementation risks, including partner recommendations.
The person we’re looking for needs to have:
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
- 8+ years of hands-on Engineering experience
- 3+ years managing and leading teams
- Experience leading large engineering teams (20+)
- Experience in building and designing scalable and performant systems and making significant contributions to the wider engineering goals of the company.
- Experience leading complex engineering projects across teams
- Track record of mentoring other leaders on hiring, performance management, and project execution
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English
Knowledge and experience with the following:
- Java/Java EE design patterns, SOA principles and patterns, EAI patterns, and UML
- Object Oriented design principles
- Relational databases
- Well versed in application design, development, automated testing and delivery in an agile environment
- Ability to document the existing environment and develop the strategy and tasks to prepare for changes to the design, describing the technical functions, as well as the business functions involved
- Ability to generate technical roadmaps
- Ability to train and mentor team members
- Ability to accurately investigate and document the details of the current and future system
What will we offer to you?
- Friendly and dynamic working environment, in which you can develop your skills and competencies
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- A work place with a strong focus on values and work-life balance and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients
- Formal training, coaching and mentoring
- Your professional and personal success is our commitment
What you will need to do next?
Joining the Grant Thornton Greece family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the Grant Thornton values simply apply online by uploading an -up-to-date CV with your application and leave the rest to us!