Grant Thornton Greece is a member firm of Grant Thornton International Limited (GTIL), one of the leading organizations delivering audit, tax and advisory services. Every day we provide a diverse range of organizations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock their growth.
If you want to be part of this incredible journey Grant Thornton Greece has the opportunity for you. Our Financial Services department is continuously growing, supporting clients of all different sizes across many different sectors and is currently seeking to employ an Experienced Advisor in Compliance and Regulatory frameworks in the Financial Services Sector.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Participating in a broad range of consulting, advisory and special audit engagements in relation to the wide spectrum of Financial Services (banking, insurance, investment funds) regulatory and compliance frameworks (i.e. regulatory compliance reviews related to AML/KYC, International Sanctions, MiFID, Market Abuse, Conflicts of Interest, Trade Finance, Correspondent Banking etc. )
- Focus on regulatory compliance reviews, regulatory readiness assessments and health checks, as well as internal controls systems assessment in relation to the aforementioned areas
- Planning, monitoring, executing, and completing Compliance related engagements
- Working in teams of qualified and highly motivated professionals
- Interacting on a frequent basis with customers (high profile financial institutions)
- Delivering excellent client services within strict deadlines
- Working collaboratively with other lines of service and practice areas
- Maintain highest standards of business ethics
- Ensuring work is accurate and completed in a professional manner
The key requirements of this role are:
A minimum 4-year experienced in relevant professional experience in compliance and regulatory assessments, preferably in the banking sector or in an audit/consulting firm
- A Bachelor's degree in Economics, Legal, Finance, Auditing, Risk Management or related fields. A Compliance related professional certification is a plus
- A financial services professional with high level of understanding andstrong industry knowledge of compliance, dedicated to reach a top advisor role in the financial industry. Previous experience in a compliance unit of a financial institution will be considered as a plus
- Very good knowledge and understanding of corporate governance laws and regulations as well as International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements (including team management) and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent command of the Greek and English language, both written and verbal
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Strong project management and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize
- Ability to handle information and sensitive matters professionally and confidentially
To be successful as an Experienced Compliance Advisor in Grant Thornton Greece you need the following:
- Effective communication and rapport building skills
- A good coaching and mentoring skills for younger team members
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality services and solutions
- A customer centric approach
- An extremely high work ethic
- Motivation for career progression and development
- Ability to gather and assess relevant data and information
- Comfortable in working and interacting with senior personnel of financial institutions
- Setting ambitious and competitive targets
What will we offer to you?
- Friendly and dynamic working environment, in which you can develop your skills and competencies
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- A work place with a strong focus on values and work-life balance and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients
- Formal training, coaching and mentoring
- Your professional and personal success is our commitment
What you will need to do next?
Joining the Grant Thornton Greece family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the Grant Thornton values simply apply online by uploading an -up-to-date CV with your application and leave the rest to us!